Monday, March 9, 2015

~Review~ Malevolent (The Darkness Series Book 1) By Cassia Brightmore

Malevolent (The Darkness Series Book 1)By Cassia Brightmore




~Synopsis~


Darkness has a seductive power, a delicious energy that sinks its claws in deep. Once the devil has a hold of you, true malevolence is born.



Sheriff Brady James has sworn to protect the small town of Durham Heights, his current priority to ruthlessly hunt a sadistic killer on the loose. With lives at stake, his focus is split between two beautiful women - one dark, one light. The clock is ticking, the threat palpable; crawling closer at every turn. Once death has you in its sights, there is no escape.



Pain. Suffering. Lives shattered and broken. In the fight of good against evil, who will survive?

This is the first book in the Darkness series, a wishing evil upon others novel that can be read as a standalone.

Warning: This content contains material that maybe offensive to some readers, including graphic language, dangerous and adult situations. Recommended for readers aged 18 and up.


~Review~
Malevolent by Cassia Brightmore had me on a rollercoaster ride from beginning to end. If felt like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds or CSI New Orleans. Let’s get what I didn’t like out the way, so we can get to the good stuff. The only thing that was a little off putting for me was the instant love between Gwyn and Brady (they made me eye roll a few times). However, other than that this book is great!
Cue Good stuff ---> I wanted to know who did it, who was the second person? Did I pick the right people? She’s a Bitch to the 2nd power! She wouldn’t kill her would she??? OMG No! Why! You can Lean on me and cry! Those are all the words I shouted at my kindle. There are more but virgin ears my read this. Ha!

Anyways, the story and characters are full of emotions and you are able to connect or Hate them with ease. The main characters are easy to love and you understand why they are the way they are. The Male lead is HOT! He reminded me of Rick from the Walking Dead…Hot RIGHT! Gwyn is a strong female lead. She knows when to stand her ground and bitch slap a person! Moreover, she knows when to back down and let others look after her (even if it is a hard thing to do).
 
Overall, this story is DARK, SUSPENSEFUL, and SHOCKING! You won’t be able to put it down. This book is a 4 star read! It’s on my recommend book list and let me just say not many book make it there.
 
~Buy Link~

~Author Links~
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/CassiaBrightmoreAuthor/timeline
 
Goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10803348.Cassia_Brightmore

No comments:

Post a Comment